Monday, November 9, 2009
Fixed up ugly furniture
Well, I've been working on the Christmas swap item (so excited for this Christmas swap!!!), but I can't post photos of that or say much about it until after it's received! Another project I've been working on is fixing up some pieces of dollhouse furniture that I got from the dollar store awhile back. They originally had this horrible pinkish/red gloss on them. With the table, I painted the legs brown and used Mod-Podge to make the newspaper collage top. I'm going to put my 144th scale dollhouse on that table with a little stool next to it so it can be "worked on." With the dresser, I decided to paint it green. It was hard to get the paint to stick to that gloss, but the paint finally covered it after multiple coats. Next, I used a toothpick to draw the little flowers. I'm still not sure what I'll do with the dresser, but something will come to mind.
I'm attending a Miniaturist Pot Luck and Flea Market this Saturday, so hopefully I'll have some fun photos of that to share soon. Talk to you all soon!