Saturday, November 28, 2009

Found a new store!


Hi, all.  So, I've gotten to go to a bunch of mini stores on this trip.  I don't have all my goodies with me because I'm currently at an adorable bed and breakfast in Friday Harbor, WA.  However, I do have two from a recent stop.  On the 7 or so hour drive from Idaho to the San Juan Islands, I slept most of the drive.  However, when I woke up, I was in the old-fashioned German town of Leavenworth, WA.  It was great!  Anyway, I was told that there just might be a mini store in this small town.  I remember that a similar town, Solvang, CA, used to have a mini store.  I used to go there once a year on the way to Disneyland.  Then they got rid of the store :-(.  Anyway, so I decided to take a look in this town.  I walked into a store that I thought was a toy store.  It wasn't, but it did have a dollhouse.  I asked the woman if there were any miniatures, and she told me to go downstairs and sure enough - there was a mini section!  I got this little pitcher and water basin with a windmill to remember the town by, and a set of monkey wrenches for my work bench.  I'll post more pics of the other recent purchases when I get back.  I'll also show you what I made out of an old, cracked, muddy pellet gun ammo case.  Cya!

P.S.  Want to see a map of mini stores?  Visit my custom map at http://writtenbyangela.t35.com/www.Writtenbyangela.t35.com/Mini_Map.html

2 comments:

  1. How nice to be able to visit all these stores on your trip! I'd think the porcelain with the windmill would remind you of something Dutch, but it is cute!
    I think it's a good idea though to buy a little something to remember your trip by. On my last trip to the USA I bought a pair of miniature cowboy boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,
    I live in Seattle, Wa. and recently visited the little section of miniatures in that same store you are refering to. Isn't Leavenworth cute? You should see it all decorated for Christmas! I wonder how many people wonder into the same store looking for miniatures?
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete